Thursday 18 February 2010

Ongoing case study saga



So…thanks to the most excellent Chrissie; interview 3 is now in the bag. Providing there is no snow, natural disasters or illness, I am on track to having my PCS done for the beginning of March.

For shits and giggles I did a brief essay plan last month which outlined the questions I wanted to address and then found that if I wrote about 800 words answering each question all I would have to do is write an introduction and a conclusion and I’d be sorted. Of course…this I know now is what I should do anyway….

The questions I am addressing are -

  • · How much has news provision changed ?
  • · Is there much future left in traditional methods of content delivery or is this reliant entirely on whether the media popularises the newer methods of delivery by drawing audience’s attention to them?
  • · Does new media empower the individual to set up low cost, home media thus allowing the creation of individually created ultra local and public access media sites?
  • · Would this need regulation? How would it be regulated and policed?
  • · Does the way people interact with the internet and social networking herald a new dawn for tailor-made and self relevant news consumption?
  • · Who are the consumers of online news content and why does it appear that the majority of attempts at internet diversification are tailored toward the youth market?
  • · What previous attempts at local channels exist/previously exist?
  • · Does this new method of content delivery herald British public access television?

So far the interviews I have conducted have given the answers I’ve been expecting to hear and research is also bringing up interesting arguments (where any of you aware of this little snippet ), of course I am always interested to hear your views too…..

Final interview is tomorrow. Hopefully it will go without issue but I do have a backup plan.

No comments: