Monday 5 July 2004

Buses

Its Vee's graduation today and we're going out tonight. As beer will no doubt flow continuously, the car has been left at home and so I had to brave pubic public transport.









Buses in Liverpool have had a No Smoking policy for sometime, although I think that rule only applies to the passengers and not the engines of old dilapidated buses that some of the bus companies run. However, that doesnt stop the majority of under 21's sitting on the back seat chuffing away hiding their burning butts in their cupped hands.




Today was no exception.




If I do have to get the bus I try to sit as near to the front as possible, normally because the intimidating types tend to congregate at the back; gob, urinate, leave curries or deface the seats and also because Liverpool bus drivers think they're a cross between Benny Goodman and Ayrton Sennacot, speed past your stop and unless you have lightning reflexes and the balance of an acrobat you end up at the Pier Head when you want to get off at Brownlow Hell. Unfortunatley, all the seats at the front where empty so reluctantly I had to join the rough types at the back. School kids mainly, you know the sort, the ones that just loafed about at school, no ambition to succeed, as far as they're concerned "why bother?". Sure enough they were smoking ciggies and being generally obnoxious.




Their conversation brought a grin to my face (although I internalized the grin for fear of getting my head kicked in so it probably looked like I had wind or toothache).




Scally 1: yeah an' like i was ded chonged like lahhh *


Scally 2: waz ya? I was chongin' from like 7 till 4:15 last night


Scally 1: yeah well I once chonged from like 4 till 4:30




Obviously a bollocks "one-up-manship" competition was going on. This amuzing competition continued with




Scally 2: I had 21 packets of cigs the other day...smoked the lot of them


Scally 1: yeah well I once smoked 10 packs before 12 then when we went out we had another 17 packs....it was great




It was a wonder they were still alive!!




Anyway, further adventures on the bus involved :-




  • a woman with the same model phone as me

  • a child wiping its nose on the seat, Mum didnt give a shit

  • emotionless people crammed like sardines

  • drivers still using mobile phones when driving

  • a woman driving her kids to school in her dressing gown and nightie

  • a woman bottle feeding her child while driving at 30 mph (towards traffic lights)





Its a wonder any of us are still alive!




*Translation Corner*




Chonged - Stoned, normally through use of pot/ganja


Chongin - smoking pot/ganja


lahhh - abrv. Lad , similar to mate, buddy, pal, chum








I hate buses.

No comments: