Tuesday 26 November 2019

People who don't want kids, why not? Do you ever get told you're selfish for your reasons?

I'm a 26 y/o guy and pretty certain I don't want kids. Always get told my reasons are selfish :

- Unless I'm self employed and earning a decent amount I would never have kids. Having a full job means I already don't have much free time to do my hobbies etc. I work with people who have kids and they literally have no time to do things.

- I know this sounds depressing, but I genuinely don't think life is that great. I mean it's alright, but not good enough to justify having kids. I mean being a kid is fun, but as soon as you're an adult it's pretty meh. So I'm sure they would enjoy life as a kid, I don't think it's worth it.

- I want to be flexible. Bored of my job? Find a new one. Want a change of scenery? Go travelling for a bit. Relationship not working? Move on.

The only reason I can genuinely see is it does seem pretty depressing being in your 60's+ and not having kids around, but life when your 60+ seems pretty shit anyway

I most of these are selfish, but is there anything wrong with that?



Submitted November 25, 2019 at 02:28PM by OnyxiasLair https://ift.tt/2XIXdil

No comments: