Thursday 22 May 2014

Daventry Elections 2014–Voting Day

Today is voting day, and, unless you’ve been hiding in a box or wilfully ignoring all information regarding politics, you should already know this. Ideally you should have gone out out and voted.

 

 

I learnt today that our modern, sacred and highly valued “DEMOCRACY” is an affront to the word democracy. It is offensive.  The candidate selection at the Daventry Elections today was as described in my earlier posts; grim.

 

Imagine having to choose one of the following to govern you:

Hitler

Stalin

Baby “Doc” Duvalier

Idi Amin

Nicolae Ceaușescu

 

Well, that’s how it felt today. I didn’t want to vote for any of them. They were all as bad as each other but not voting was not a choice. Two sheets of my democratic right in my hand, I marked crosses on the least most offensive candidates and popped them into the voting boxes.

 

I sincerely hope that we don’t end up with all of them in power.

No comments: