Sunday 27 December 2009

Only 363 Shopping days until Christmas

It came. It went. It felt like any other day. Only with presents. And cake. And food.

As I’ve said on a previous post here on spotty-bum, Christmas is like waiting to go on a rollercoaster ride while standing in a really long queue. You wait for hours, sometimes longer, everyone around you seems full of anticipation. You step into the carriage. The safety harness comes down. It’s all very exciting.

But then the ride lasts about 30 seconds.

You get off and then, bewildered as you are, you wonder what the fuss was all about.

Then you see the queue and think “Hey! That looks like an exciting ride!” and join up again.

1 comment:

Susan Hymas said...

My Christmas this year was one of the best that I've had in a long time. I was excited to get up in the morning. 6 am. Then while my niece and nephew were at their grandparents I was excited to cook a big breakfast. Then I was excited to take a nap after playing with toys. Then I was excited to go to the movies. And still I was excited to retire to my room for the night. For the first time in many years I didn't have that "this is it?" feelings on Christmas.