Monday 14 July 2008

No! Not the bore worms

Some chief bigwig of the Metropolitan Police was on telly this morning suggesting that a spell of what he called "Compulsary Non-military National Service" would sort the youth problem in the UK.

Short of breeding controls, I think it's a damn good idea. Especially as now I'm not a teenager. I would suggest that "Compulsary Non-military National Service" could be geared toward 14-16 year olds. During this period of National Service the youths would be encouraged to do community tasks (ie visiting old people; doing environmental jobs such as sweeping, litter picking, graffiti cleaning; and the like). Their toil would not go unrewarded as they would get payment in the form of a vouchers which they can then spend on vocational, further or higher education.

Of course such fantastic ideas never come to fruition and I imagine that in my old age the youth problem will still be in existence.

News Article

No comments: