Tuesday 17 June 2008

The Postman


Here comes the postman


Walking down the lane


What wonders he carries in his sack


Multicoloured envelopes


Brown and even plain




Giros and Postal orders


Parcels and bills


Repeat prescriptions for next door


So they can get their pills




Letters from the bank


Letters from afar


Subscriptions to magazines


Offers for a car




Bulging with all that weight


There must be something for me


That I can sit and open


And read with a cup of tea




He's drawing ever closer


With parcels for next door


It won't be long until I hear


Some letters on the floor




But wait! Please stop


There's some mistake


You've missed my door


You postal snake




You've missed me out


Where's my mail?


I scream and shout


Till I go pale




Still there's always tomorrow.



No comments: