Tuesday 15 June 2004

More foolishness

Some people have no sense





" Afternoon. Computer Services Helpdesk"


"Hello yes. Is that the helpdesk?"


"Yes. How can I help?"


"Well Im filling in this computer form online for computer quota using my computer on the network..."


"yes go on"


"...and theres a part thats asking for my 'real name' . Can you tell me what it means?"


"Erm.....ok...well basically its your name"


"yes but whats my realname"


"your name is your real name! unless you're using an alias"


"yes but I dont understand all that computer stuff."


Blood pressure rises gradually.


"OK. I'll try and explain in a more simple manner. Can you tell me what your name is please?"



"Im Professor Noah Tall*"





"Ok then your real name is....Noah Tall*, unless that is you want to be known as Mickey Mouse or Fred Squirrel or something"


"Oh I see! oh well thats stupid why doesnt it just ask me what my name is?"


"Thank you for calling"







*(name changed to protect the stupid)


No comments: